Thursday, February 13, 2014

wednesday's whatnot: thursday edition

via
Learning the Unforced Rhythms of Grace. Sarah Bessey gave one of my favorite IF:Gathering talks.
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” (Matthew 11:21-30 MSG)

Speaking of IF:Gathering, are y'all following along with IF:Equip? I love, love the discussion here with Jennie Allen and Jenni Catron. We are not the light, we are called to reflect the Light. (You can subscribe to the daily reading and discussion in the top right corner of the link.)

I'm Not Waiting on God. Big fat yes.

This letter from a father to his daughter about the fashion industry is perfection.
Flawless finish. Your finish has nothing to do with how your face looks today and everything to do with how your life looks on your last day. May your years be a preparation for that day. May you be aged by grace, may you grow in wisdom, and may your love become big enough to embrace all people. May your flawless finish be a peaceful embrace of the end and the unknown that follows, and may it thus be a gift to everyone who cherishes you.

Do y'all use a sleep cycle app? I'm real nerdy about mine. Nerdy, as in, I have to use it every night, I like to analyze the results and love to see how I can get my numbers up. I usually let Jett sleep in the bed with me (judge, if you must) and, at 90 lbs, he can affect the results. So, even more nerdy, I like to make sure we both get a good night's sleep. For weeks, Jett had started waking up in the middle on the night to go outside, usually between 2-5am. I wanted to pull my hair out, and his, and then I read about cedar wood oil stimulating melatonin and inducing deep sleep. Let me tell y'all this, I have been diffusing lavender and cedar wood, every night, at bedtime, and that dang dog does not move. All night. Annnd, the sleep cycle app tells me that our sleep quality has increased from around 70% to 80-90% almost every night. Give it a try.

So, there's that. Hope your Thursday is crazy wonderful!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...