Wednesday, November 27, 2013

wednesday's whatnot


Hey there! Maybe you know, I'm back in Rwanda!! Just for a visit, but I'm pretty much loving life. I missed last weeks 'wednesday's whatnot' because I was getting on a flight and, though I'm sure no one is crying over it, here are a couple of links I had stored up to share:

The Craziest OkCupid Date Ever. Dude….

A zillion million hundred times YES to: Why I Would Rather Be Crazy than Boring. Yes.Yes.Yes.

Now, a bit of what's going on around here:

First, I got to fly over with my sweet pal, Alain. Alain and I met when we were both living at Noel. Two years ago, in January, Alain got a student visa and joined the cutest, most lovely family around, in San Antonio. I knew this guy was cool, but MAN, he is cool.

To be really honest, I left Rwanda 4 months ago, a bit wacky. I wasn't exactly sure how excited I was going to be to come back so quickly. I truly think it was a God thing, and looking back I can't believe it actually happened as easily and thoughtlessly as it did. Tears filled my eyes as Alain and I stepped off the plane into the foggy midnight air. Both smiling ear to ear, we inhaled the familiar smokey haze and exhaled the word "home".


We spent two days in Kigali. Friday Alain spent most of the day with his family and I tagged along with Jamie. Saturday, Amy and Robin came into town and it felt so normal to slip back into the same routine. We picked up Inn and headed to ABC for our Saturday morning donut run before hitting allll the usual grocery stores Kigali has to offer. I was speaking KinyaEnglish, buying fabric, dodging motos, and smiling all the way.

Sunday, we headed out to Gisenyi! The drive was perfect. It always is. I don't think there is anything in the world that takes my breath away quite like the hills here. We made a quick stop at Imbabazi to see Amanda on the way home, but Amy had promised the girls that we would be home before dark, for whatever they were planning.


It was sweetest welcome home I could have imagined. Decorations and flowers, traditional dress, singing, dancing, drumming. There were bear hugs and tears, sweet words, and a whole lot of laughter. I would be lying if I didn't tell you there were some awkward moments, too. I think we were all in a bit of shock. :)


I truly am home here, for better or for worse. This little trip has been so good for my healing heart. I think it has also been good for Inny and the girls, who needed to see that we are "still together". Amy and I have a ton of work to do and a lot of fun to have. More soon.

Happy Wednesday, friends!

1 comment:

Wynne Elder said...

Love everything about this. Love the ally v post & love all the updates on your Rwanda visit!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...