Wednesday, October 30, 2013

wednesday's whatnot

Hey there! Happy Wednesday! Thank you for coming!

I don't have a lot of links to share with you today. I don't know if you really even look at those links. Today, I thought I would tell you a bit about Nashville, something I haven't been very good about. So, without further adieu, 10 Things I Haven't Told You About Nashville:

1. I live in Ben & Kassie's garage apartment. I met B&K in Rwanda and would have never dreamed one day we would live closer than neighbors. When Alison, Clever, and I visited Nashville in August, Ben showed us around the two car garage that he was renovating for his brother to move in. When that was postponed, Ben offered it to me. I thought it would be temporary, I think it's not. After pics, coming soon.


2. Nashville is pretty as a picture. I drove outside of the city yesterday and, man, this is the stuff postcards are made of.

3. I have made some really great friends already and reunited with some old ones, too. I had 3 hours worth of coffee, recently, with Nishia from elementary school who, outside of our 10 year reunion, I don't think I've seen since high school. I had tacos (twice) with two different Africa pals; sweet Deanna, one of my South Africa roomies, and my good buddy, Billy, from my Ethiopia/Rwanda trip. Billy, his wife Suzanne, and their friends (and my new friends) Kevin and Layla were in town from Alabama for a pretty sweet weekend, Layla talks all about it here at The Lettered Cottage.


4. Trader Joe's. The end.

5. We have quite a few really great irons in the fire at 41. I thought that moving here would be good for business, I had an inkling that maybe this is where I was supposed to be, I prayed about it and, my goodness, God has blessed the heck out of it. So many great causes, so many like minded people, so many opportunities to share our story. More on this to come, for sure.

6. I don't have another job here outside of No.41. Which also means I don't have an income. I would almost count this as my greatest leap of faith, to date. The truth is, everything we started in Rwanda fails, if I don't get the word out and get these bags sold. I know this is what I'm supposed to do, I know He provides. (shameless plug: If you feel led to give, shoot me an email, tara@no41.org. It's tax deductible and I'll send you all the deets.)

7. Music really is everywhere you go here. I love that. So much.


8. Nashville has a homeless population like I haven't seen, in the States, before. This morning Kassie and I are headed out to serve them. I'm not sure what we're doing, but I'm sure someone is, and I can't wait to get involved.

9. Ben and Kassie and I usually watch The Voice together. I have decided to make them my guinea pigs when it comes to cooking. It's so much easier to cook for 3 than 1 and, two meals in for Kassie and one for Ben, they seem pretty agreeable.

10. One of my besties is coming to visit in less than two weeks! I can't wait to show her around to all the places I don't know! Seriously, I can't believe I get to call this place home.

Oh, and just one video.... If y'all didn't watch Andy and Amy's Haunted House last week, what are you doing with your life?? If you watched it and died, this is going to kill you worse!


1 comment:

Kyle Kues said...

Pharmacy Burger is a winner whenever you get a chance. That's one thing about that city I do love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...