Thursday, October 31, 2013

it will be measured back to you.

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38


You know what I find frustrating? Frustrating the in the most beautiful kind of way? You can't out give God. You can't.

I feel like I've been running around in circles, lately. Literally and figuratively. Sometimes I get so focused on what I need, what I need to do, what I have and don't have, where I need to be, who I need to speak to, the list goes on and on. But sometimes, just sometimes, when I get really quiet and look outside myself, I remember, it's not about me. Never has been, never will be. Now, I know that's not a new concept, but it sure is easy to forget.


I have been trying to be very intentional about wanting to serve others lately. About giving my time or my efforts, myself, to the grand scheme of things. The greater good, if you will. :) It's amazing all the cool opportunities you come across to do that when you just open your eyes and look around. But the thing about it is, I really do think it must be impossible to serve others without getting served a double portion right back.

Today my heart is so full. And grateful. Tomorrow I'll try again.
Have a beautiful day, friend! xo

And since it's Halloween.....you're welcome.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...