Friday, September 13, 2013

wednesday's whatnot

So, yeah, it's not Wednesday. But I feel like we should just kick this thing off on a real honest foot.

via
In an effort to get back on the blogging bandwagon, I thought I would start a little series, things that are tickling my fancy at the moment. Last week I talked about pinterest pins, but thought maybe we could expand that a bit to blogs, products, books, recipes, videos....and whatnot. It's probably not gonna happen weekly, but on occasional Wednesdays (or Fridays) it might show up.

Here's a bit of what I've been diggin on this week:

This article from Relevant Magazine on the crisis in Syria. Living in Rwanda, it's hard to imagine that the world could look back on what transpired there and not feel regret. I can't help but think it will be the same with Syria. To whom much is given, much is expected.

Loving this and this on dating. Amen.

I'm sure y'all have seen this video. "You're my wife?!" I know people are debating it's validity, but it makes me smile so much.

It has been all pumpkin all the time over here. Skinny pumpkin pancakesskinny mini chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, and this banana pumpkin shake. Whoa, mama.

What's all this 'skinny', you ask? Well, I'm also addicted to a new app I downloaded called My Fitness Pal. Have y'all tried it? It's my latest obsession and seems to be just the right amount of structure for me. I'm one week in and 1.4 lbs down. Next up, I'm going to try running. If y'all see pigs flying, you'll know I've started.

Do y'all know about Camp Hoffman? I'd like to be a Hoffman when I grow up.

The Face of Poverty"The problem arose when I moved to a third world country. The people I used to take pictures of became more than “impact stories” .... They became my friends. I shared in their victories, I in shared their struggles, and I shared their community."

So, I guess that's it for today. I'm off to love on my four legged guy. Mr. Jettson went in for surgery yesterday (to remove a softball size tumor that he grew on his shoulder within a week). When they gave him the anesthesia, he stopped breathing. They were able to revive him, but were unable to do the surgery that day. He came home, but had a pretty rough night last night. Today, he is resting and we rescheduled the surgery for next week. I love my furry guy and I just want him to feel better.

OH! And I almost forgot!! Have y'all entered the #style41 giveaway?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...