Tuesday, September 3, 2013

pin it to win it

Man o' man, I am a pinning machine these days. I realize I am a bit late to this party, but it's crazy what some speedy internet will do to your free time. It's nice to find my creative side again. And I haven't just been pinning, I've been actually doing some of my pins. Miracles never cease. Here's a little list of what I've been up to:

-First of all, it's getting real 'crunchy' around here, so I've dedicated an entire pin board to this all-natural, God-given goodness and called it, guess what? crunch. Clever, I know.
-Well, there's the no-poo bitness and dry shampoo, I've already told y'all that.
-I also concocted this deep conditioner with coconut milk and honey. (I haven't used it yet.)
-And I did this face mask with honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It was like a little bit of Christmas cheer running down my face. Any edible beauty products are an A+ in my book.

Speaking of beauty, my hair is a little short. Turns out I was probably a tad hasty with the scissors but, as you all probably know by now, I'm kind of a ready, fire, aim! kinda girl. It's whatev. I've been pinning some hairstyles and trying to figure out how to make it happen. This is what I'm going for:

via
I love The Small Things Blog tutorials. My no-poo transition phase has messed me up a bit, but...

-I pretty much do some version of these waves.
-And I tried this for faking texture. I just used products I had on hand, however, y'all know I cooould make this sea salt spray.
-I also tried this technique for barely waves. I'm gonna need that coconut milk to kick in and start adding some inches.

Just for fun, The Madre was cleaning out her yarn basket, so I scooped some up to make these little bookmarks. I only made one. #shortattentionspan
And, anyway, I also found a beanie she knitted in that basket begging for a tip topper. So, I used the leftover yarn and the same tutorial as the bookmarks, but with more fingers and no trim. #crushedit



Last, but most certainly not least, food. I don't cook, but I would just like to clarify that it's not because I can't. A good recipe is not lost on me. I would like for these to move it over to the healthy side, but until then:

-This enchilada lasagna. Whoa, mama.
- This crockpot brown sugar & garlic chicken and this cheesy garlic quinoa. It happened. It was amazing.

Now, bring on the pumpkin, and we can do this again, soon! I'm looking at you, Pumpkin Cider Beertail....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...