Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Currently.

Wow.
Hi, there.
It's been a while.


I didn't mean to leave this little space high and dry. I guess things just got busy. And hard. My chest is tight and my eyes sting with tears at the thought that this will be my last 'currently' post from Rwanda. There are so many mixed emotions. I don't know how to even begin to explain just how everything over this last two years is coming to a head in the final month. Every step taken, every brick laid, every relationship built, tear shed, and lesson learned. He was here. He is here. Bending, stretching, refining. I will be stepping on a plane in 15 days (hopefully) and two of the biggest hurdles I will face here still lie ahead. My heart is threatening to break, it's possible my brain has already thrown in the towel, but when I get really quiet, my faith has never been stronger. I have seen enough yesterdays to know that tomorrow is gonna be just fine.

Anyway.
Currently.... 

welcoming Amy (and Amanda) into our crazy little world.

obsessively
packing.

feeling 
unsettled.

wishing
faith in action didn't require so much....faith.

waking up
tired.

sleeping
in Elise's old room, so Amy can settle in and set up shop in her new room.

taking
things day-by-day. (Minute-by-minute is probably more accurate.)

moving
all Rwandan accounts into Jean d'Amour's name. I could not be more confident and excited to watch him continue to shine as the Project Manager for No.41.

eating
infrequently.

drinking
Dr. Pepper.

enjoying
3G internet at our house. It's 23 months late, but who's counting.

loving
the No.41 video (coming soon). It's been so nice to reminisce on how and why this all began.

waiting
until July 11th to book my flight(s).

reading
any and all free books for Kindle that strike my fancy.

listening to Lifechurch and Elevation Church podcasts.

refocusing
my heart and mind. Hourly.

preparing
one of our famous No.41 parties. A welcome for Amy and a see-you-soon for Alison and I.

requiring extra amounts of grace.

still looking
for some rad stores to sell No.41 bags. Know any?

watching
movies at the new theater in Kigali.

appreciating
that our new, fast internet is going to allow for Skype calls with Amy, the girls, and Tarison. I could cry thinking about it.

laughing
at Bernie who seems to be so confused by all the transition.

praying
for peace.

coveting every single one of your prayers.

thinking
about Target too much.

wondering
what's next.

crying.

limping to the finish line.

realizing just exactly how sweet this life is.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I wish you all the best for your last few weeks in Rwanda. I have just stumbled across your blog as you're leaving, and we are preparing to come this autumn. Praying for a good transition in the time ahead, and more of His peace. Blessings, Fiona xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...