Monday, April 15, 2013

thoughts on faith: when the sun sets

On my moto to pick up Inn this afternoon.
Faith. Here we are again. This time from a different angle. Today my heart is a bit beat up, but I am still holding tight to faith.

Faith isn't just about getting what you want. Genies in a bottle give you what you want. God gives you what He needs. He uses our faith to accomplish great things for Him. He uses our faith to accomplish great things in us.

This story would have been hugely different if I was the author but, the honest truth is, I wouldn't change a thing. Even now. I know that He is the author and perfecter of our faith. I know that His plans far exceed anything I could ask or imagine.

I didn't sleep a wink last night. I prayed, read, listened to music, and prayed some more. My sweet friends woke up early to pray through the interview with me; hearing someone intercede on your behalf does wonders for the soul.

When the wait went on much longer than we thought, 3 excruciating hours, we went and got coffee and breakfast. Finally, around 11, I got the call. I was in shock. I didn't cry. I couldn't breathe. All I could think was, God didn't bring us this far to leave us and this thing is not over.

I talked to the lawyer, the lawyer talked to the uncle, and God spoke to my heart.

Long story short, they didn't feel Inn has strong ties to Rwanda, a reason to return. We will reapply and prove that he does, and in the grand scheme of things this could set us back about 2 weeks. I had the most amazing talk with Inn this afternoon. He knows exactly Who is in control of his future and he is not giving up. Keep those prayers coming! We will be home this summer.

God doesn't always answer our prayers, but He never wastes our faith. -Steven Furtick

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am really sorry that your appointment didn't go as hoped but God is still working and His will will be done. Praying for you and your sweet boy.

Stephanie Wilkie said...

I've just finished reading your blog Tara, and I mean every single post, from start to finish (by which I don't mean finish, I mean today). I knew about the crazy, incredible things happening at No. 41, but it was curiosity about Inn that drove me to go back to the very beginning of your story.

I'm sorry that you have hit this painful little bump in the road, but I know you know He's still hard at work behind the scenes...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen..." {Hebrews 11:1}

Can't wait to see what He has in store for you next ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...