Monday, January 28, 2013

Kenya Ink

Well.
I got another tattoo.

I would love to tell you that I thought long and hard about it,
but you know me better than that.

The truth is, I have wanted to get one for a while.
And I knew I wanted to get it somewhere on this big crazy continent that holds so much of my heart.
But what to get? Where? Why?

So, after many ideas and many one hour deciding,
this is what we came up with.
I love it.

This picture is the only time I've seen it.
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31

4 comments:

Tara said...

love it!

Chantel Klassen said...

I love it! And that verse is such a great reminder! It's just a shame you can't see it. :)

Wynne Elder said...

Love! So much tattoo talk lately is making me anxious! Wanna get my third!

tara said...

Thanks y'all! I've been perusing pinterest for new ways to wear my hair so you can see it (even if I can't). :) Wynne, what's up next for you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...