Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday


Oh, heyyyyy!
Thankful Thursday, how the heck are ya?!

1.  I'll tell you what, I am so thankful that He knows me better than me. I'm so thankful I'm not running this show. I am thankful for sweet, precious 'God winks'. Those times when you feel like, surely, if you bang your head against the wall one more time today you could just go unconscious and then He just sweeps in and shows you what's up. He shows you that He's got this. All of this. And crazy or not you're gonna come out on the other side.

2. Rainy season. Thankful. The end.


3. I'm so thankful for all that's going on at the No.41 house. Did y'all know in the last 2 months, we have moved into a new house, bought 8 new machines, enrolled 16 girls in university, hired a teacher to teach 16 new girls to sew, hired an English teacher, started a bible study, hosted our second business training class and scheduled our second career day in Kigali. Whew! We are nothing but thankful....and a bit in over our head. But what's new?


4. I'm thankful for the very best friends. Friends who encourage me, friends who put up with me, friends who beg to help and friends who let me vent. Praying friends and friends who help, not because they have time, but because they're wonderful. Friends who make me better just by knowing you and friends who send sweet goodies in the mail. Close friends and far away friends, forever friends who are always on my heart. I don't say it enough, I love you guys and gals!!

  “Friendship is acting out God’s love for people in tangible ways. We are made to represent the love of God in each others lives, so that each person we walk through life with has a more profound sense of God’s love for them. Friendship is an opportunity to act on God’s behalf in the lives of people that we’re close to, reminding each one who God is.” -Shauna Niequist

5. Last, but not least, my dang Kindle! Oh, so thankful. I got it replaced for free and a sweet friend of a friend brought it to me. I could not be more excited. And if you're wondering, I'm reading:

So, that's it. Almost.
Are you the praying type?
We've got some pretty big prayers floating around these days. And I'd love for you to join in.
Prayers for 8 more sewing machines, prayers for burlap (goodness), prayers for shipping costs that don't make me want to pluck my eyeballs out. 
Too far?
We'll just stop there.

Oh, and BOOMER SOONER!!


Happy Thursday!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...