Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Plans.

I'm not a planner, it's not a secret, and I think that's why I am continually blown away by the plans He has for me. Down to the tiniest details....

I'm sitting in my room with worship music in my ears, a puppy in my lap, and tears in my eyes. He planned this. He knew what this month would bring. He knew that the hard days would turn into hard weeks and under the weight of it all I would start to crack. He knew that I would question his plan. And He knew that this afternoon, in an instant, He would prove himself faithful. Again....


In a room across the house, my sweet roomie is laying in bed with her precious baby boy, just hours old, snuggled to her chest. He planned this. He knew how she would grow up. He knew how she would go looking for love that she had never known in all the wrong places. He knew that she would end up pregnant and alone just as our paths crossed. He knew that we would grow and learn from each other. He knew that we would both see His love through the other. That we would be a family....


In a house on the other side of Rwanda, the most amazing little guy I know is praising God for the passport in his hands. He planned this. All of this. The up and downs, the tears and doubts. He knew on that rainy January day, almost two years ago, a broken down girl would meet a hurting little boy and through their relationship He was going to change the lives of so many. And He knew that the change could only come through their struggles. He knew it would all be worth it....


In the quiet moments, I know, too. All of it. I know He has a plan and I know that plan is good, because He is good. I know He is for me. I know that His grace covers all that I'm not. And I know He is faithful. But, I forget. I trip and fall, alot, and lose sight of the truth. And then He reminds me....

"When Jesus came, He went to the most broken, the least good. In fact, it was always the most sinful He ministered to. He touched them and healed them and loved them, and they loved Him back. They needed him." -Jennie Allen

Thank you, Lord. I am certainly broken and definitely not good. I love you. I need you. Amen.

2 comments:

Rylie Renee said...

love this. thank you for being so open and honest,
HE is sooo faithful.

Rob Farrah said...

Tara Jill, you are most definitely Good. Anybody tells you otherwise, you give them my cell number. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...