Tuesday, July 10, 2012

still

Hi.

Welcome.

Or... thanks for hanging around, if you're still here.

I'm trying to get back on the blogging wagon. But before I do, I have a confession:

I. Am. A. Jerk. 
Like, a big one.  

I don't want to be, and I don't know what happened, but one day I woke up and there it was. Jerk-itis.

I've heard it said, "If the devil can't make you really bad, he'll make you really busy." And I guess that's where it started. Things got really busy and then they got really hard and, somewhere along the way, I forgot Who was running this show; I grabbed the reigns and started to run. In the middle of one of the most exciting times of my life, staring answered prayer after answered prayer in the face, I started fighting battles that weren't mine to fight and I lost myself. For a minute. *sigh.


So, I'm back. I'm feeling refreshed. And still.

For the record, I don't think 'be still' means to stand and wait. I think it's more like, "Be still your heart. Be still your crazy mind. Take My hand, sweet dodo, and let's go do this thing."

2 comments:

Chantel said...

"Be still your heart. Be still your crazy mind. Take My hand, sweet dodo, and let's go do this thing." I absolutely love how you worded that!! I need to write that down and live that way!

tara said...

Thank you, Chantal! I need to live that way, too! Oh, how quickly I forget.... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...