Friday, July 20, 2012

In the Kitchen

If there was one thing I never thought I would write about, it would be cooking.
Especially cooking in Africa.

But, Alison and I have been cooking up a storm lately. Well, we've cooked four times, I guess it's more of a light sprinkling of cooking....whatev.

So anyway, last night we made enchiladas. I'm not going to tell you how we did it, just that we did. And in the process, because we don't exactly have a Whole Foods around the corner, we made everything from scratch.

I'm talking homemade chapati (in lieu of tortillas) and chapati chips. Homemade enchilada sauce with homemade chili powder. Homemade re-fried beans, guacamole, queso, and Mexican rice. 

We found some recipes on pinterest and then just googled until we could find a recipe with the ingredients we have access to. (i.e. google: how to make enchilada sauce...we have everything but chili powder....google: how to make chili powder) 



Ole'!

Meet the kitchen. It's in our backyard.
We have a stove and a fridge, if you were wondering....


Meet the enchiladas. Mylanta....


 Here go the chapati chips...




There goes the power...


We finished up the cooking by flashlight. And that's about how things go around here:
Fun and exciting, with a dash of inconvenience thrown in for good measure.

So, there you have it. Kinda.
It was delish!

Sorry there is no final product photo. And I realize that these photos are not fab, but like I said, I just wanted you to know it happened. Because, by the way, take that number 5.


5.        Make an entire meal from scratch.

3 comments:

Carla Bourland said...

L-O-V-E IT!!

L said...

Those look super yummy!!! Check out you and your cooking skills =) =)

Much Love,
L

allglorious-within.blogspot.com

ashley irvin said...

yes, it is time for a new post.... I check this thing a little to much. Hope all is well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...