Wednesday, July 18, 2012

all i know

 
Lately, I have been chatting alot with one of my favorite people on the planet about God. 
About who He is. About why He does the things He does. And why those things don't always line up with the things we think He should do.

It's come to my attention that I don't know that much.

And then I heard this song:

All I Know
Matt Wertz

...I don't know how your love works
How you cover me in grace
I don't know how you swallow all I am
When I can't stand my taste

All I know is the bleeding in my heart

And the healing in your touch
All I know is that you gave everything
So let that be enough
'Cause it's all I know

I can't explain the mystery

But I know the Answer....
 
And it got me thinking about what I do know.

All I know is....He found me when I didn't think I was worth looking for.
All I know is....His goodness is too good to deny.
All I know is....I feel Him in the warm sunshine. I see Him in Inny's face. I hear Him in the madre's voice.
All I know is....enough.
 
One more thing:
I also know that, tonight on the bus, a large woman offered me her half eaten corn on the cob. When I politely declined, she asked for one of my cookies and then took the whole package, ate them all, and licked the inside clean.
I know, and you know, that's gross.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...