Thursday, March 1, 2012

If We Went To Coffee....

If we went to coffee, I would tell you that I witnessed a real life miracle yesterday. A mir.a.cle. Our God is good. So good. And He is for us.
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him. You come to the help of those who gladly do right, who remember your ways. Isaiah 64:4-5

I would tell you... I taught Clever to say, "Honey badger don't care." It's one of the funniest things I have ever done.

I would tell you that I love mornings...preferably the ones that start around 9am. Most mornings include Rice Crispies, hot chocolate, Jesus Calling-- a daily devotional on my Kindle, and a podcast. I just finished Elevation Church (Steven Furtick) Code Orange Revival. So dang good.


I would tell you that I got to drive a car (my second time in Rwanda) for the first time in 6 months. And then I would also tell you that I was driving on the right side of the road and the wrong side of the car. I nearly hit a child and took out a sign but, other than that, it was great fun. Just another little Rwandan nugget that I don't know why it wasn't on my bucket list.

In other 'not on the bucket list' news... I would tell you that I was a groomsmaid in a beautiful Rwandan dowry ceremony. One of the coolest things I have ever been a part of. Such an honor.


I would tell you that the Point Foundation, who I adore, is back at the orphanage. They rock these kids world (and mine) in the very best way. I have never met a group of people so purely rooted in love and service.

I would tell you... that my pals Amy and Sara are also back here for the week. Not only are they putting in place long-term solutions to improve these little lives, they have blessed No. 41, and they have loved me so well. They have spoken life into my heavy heart, laughed with me, prayed with me and, most importantly, fed me. I love them.

I would tell you... that we are getting so close to launching the sewing school and I have no idea what I am doing. But I have Peace. The house will, supposedly, be ready on the 5th (third move-in date's the charm) and I got a few new fabrics yesterday.


I would tell you that I am reading The Circle Maker by Mark Patterson and I looooove it!

I would tell you...that I stepped on a lizard last night in my kitchen. Needless to say, my flashlight and I have broken up.

I would tell you that I miss you and I can't wait to come home. And then I would quickly follow that up and tell you that I can't imagine saying goodbye. Cannot imagine.

Until next time,

Tara


2 comments:

Danielle said...

love your blog! I am your newest follower and can't wait to read more!
Danielle
Lovelifeandlouboutins.blogspot.com

tara said...

Hey Danielle! Thanks!! Thanks for reading and thanks for introducing yourself. Nice to meet you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...