Monday, March 5, 2012

Could You Spare a Penny?

source
"God, how long is a million years to you?" God said, "A million years is like a second." Then the man said, "How much is a million dollars to you?" God said, "A million dollars is like a penny." The man smiled and said, "Could you spare a penny?" God smiled back and said, "Sure, just wait a second."
-The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Patterson

So, the answer is 'Sure', but the timing is His.
Night after night, day after day, I pray these huge, nasty prayers. Prayers that when I think on too much, or when I think of every little thing that would have to happen between now and done, I get stressed out. But then I remember, it's never depended on me, and on top of that, the answer is already 'yes'.  The promise has already been made, the battle has already been won.
"Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers."  
 I know that He can and believe that He will. In just a second.


Tara

5 comments:

Jen said...

We just did BOLD prayers yesterday during Sunday School. The church has hit a rough patch and we needed to stand boldly before God and wrestle with HIM like Jacob did.

BOLD prayers for BOLD faith in the BOLDEST God I know. I am praying for you and your prayers. You inspire me in ways I don't even understand right now.

Wynne Elder said...

love that. god honors the bold prayers! keep praying them and trusting he WILL answer in his time. love you!

Wynne Elder said...

love that. god honors the bold prayers! keep praying them and trusting he WILL answer in his time. love you!

Jill Robertson said...

Thanks Tara! I needed this in this season of my life! Big things, bigger God!

tara said...

Some people get real fancy and know how to respond to each comment individually; I'm not that smart, so I'll just say, thanks y'all!

Expectancy is the breeding ground of miracles. I remind myself that 18 times a day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...