Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mama Said

Mama said there'll be days like this.
"There'll be days like this," my mama said.
 
For some reason, I woke up at 6:30 this morning with this song in my head.
And then I hopped on the bus to Kigali with my mama.
And my baby.


Tomorrow I will ride the bus home. 
Alone.

The madre's exit was inevitable.
(But no less sad.)
Inny's was a complete gift shock.

Long story, very short.
He will be living with my pal, Patrick, his wife and two young kiddos.
(Whom I can't say enough good things about.)
And he starts school on Monday.

I have shared with y'all some of the challenges of getting my guy in school
and, honestly, Kigali is the best place for him.
Even if my little heart is threatening to quit.

This is just the surface/beginning of our story.
I love a big God.
Please keep us in your prayers. 
 
Oh, and I basically just spent the last two weeks seeing some of my best friends on the planet,
making a few new friends and loving on my mama for the shortest week of my life.
Needed that.
May-Ja.
 
 
More soon.
Tara

1 comment:

Wynne Elder said...

loved getting to meet you tara. glad to be a "new friend" - and now a forever friend! glad you had fun with your momma & that everything is working out with innocent. know that must be so hard. will be praying for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...