Sunday, October 9, 2011

What Do I Know Of Holy

Sometimes there are days here when you can literally feel Someone greater than you at work.
You breath catches in your chest and you know this moment must be holy.

It's never the times you'd think it would be. It creeps up on you when you least expect it.
It comes in the simplest times.

Times when you forget why you came or what you thought your agenda would be.

It comes in the times when you really let go.
And let God.



That said, we (I use the word 'we' loosely here) have been working on giving the special needs house a face lift.  

Joe and Joanna have worked tirelessly with some of the older boys to get all four rooms of the house a fresh coat of paint and some fun new murals.








For my part, you contributed financially and I did paint a couple of butterflies one day.
But mostly, I have been enjoying getting to spend some sweet time with the kids living there.


I am ashamed to admit that until the painting started their house, I hadn't spent much time with these kids at all. 
Honestly, apart from the few who venture outside, I never saw them.

I feel out of my element. 
I don't know what to say or how to play...

These children are truly 'the least of these'. 
Abandoned and neglected, existing in an orphanage where they are shunned by most of the other children. 

I do believe they get the very best care their 'mamas' know how to give, but I don't feel they have care suited to their specific needs. Most days it seems as if they are just surviving. 
However...

I recently stumbled onto their classroom.


I was so excited to see that they do get some hands on learning time where they draw and count and play instruments...



In my time in that classroom, I knew he was there.
It didn't matter that I didn't know what to say or how to play.
I am not enough and I never will be.


But He always is.
And when you let yourself be vulnerable to what makes you uncomfortable, you give God the most room to shine. 

I am not a world changer. 
I'm just a faithful dodo praying that, through me, He will change the world for a few.
And that's enough.
I hope. :)

Tara



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...