Friday, September 23, 2011

Run For The Border

And, unfortunately, I don't mean Taco Bell....


In the last 3 days, I have spent a total of 24 hrs on the bus, 5 hrs in the immigration office and 18 hrs in Uganda

Whew.

I know you'll be shocked, but in true Tara fashion, I didn't realize that my 90 days in Rwanda had come and gone so soon.
 (When Americans come to Rwanda, we can be here 90 days without getting a visa.) 
I had been trying for the last week, without much success, to get the situation handled and on Wednesday, when I was in Kigali, I realized that I needed to leave the country THAT DAY.

So, with nothing but the clothes on my back, I scrambled over to Uganda.

Thankfully, Jane, my lifesaver for so many reasons, and her husband Peter had a pastor friend, Pastor Obed, in the town of Kable (Ka-ball-ee) who agreed to let me stay at his house. 
He even made me African tea (tea, milk, ginger and sugar) which is quickly becoming my newest obsession.

In my short time there, I got a tour of the town, attended a women's fellowship group at the local church where I was the guest speaker (!!), annnnnd I got hit by a bike. 
But don't worry, I only lost my left arm. 
I'm right-handed. 

So, that's the long and short of it. 
All in all, it was a great (short and stinky) trip, but hopefully, if I have to make the trip again in another 90 days, I'll be more prepared.


Tara

P.S. I know I have alot of catching up to do. More blogs coming very soon (Gran). :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...