Friday, September 23, 2011

Happenings At The Hammer

Long time, no blog.
Sorry about that.
I had a small technical difficulty, but I'm back in business.
Here we go...


So, the village I live in is called Nyundo...
In Kinyarwanda, Nyundo means hammer...

The Hammer has been a busy place these days.
Here is a quick, picturesque rundown of life lately:

We have been crafting...









And beading...











Lots of sports going on around here...






That's my friend, Nicole. More on her later.






One of my favorite days, so far, included a Justin Bieber dance party in the disabled house...





Most of these children, now in their late teens and early 20's, were some of the youngest victims of the genocide. Many found as babies and small children, abandoned and living in the forests surrounding the orphanage.




Kim is a volunteer from New Zealand.
It's amazing to see what a little music and a few toys can do. 
We're about to see what some fresh paint and fun decorations can do...
We started the painting last week.
If you'd like to donate, I'd like to tell you how. (tarajill5@yahoo.com) :)










Speaking of donations, the toddlers got some of your lovin' recently...












And I think that about does it for now.

I'm so thankful for this journey. And for you.

More soon, 

Tara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!

Megs said...

This blog has made my day, and my week! It made me giggle that Mutoni and Theoneste have STILL got their jumpers on despite all there nice new clothes!!! Fingers crossed its 88 days till I'm back with them :) Hope you are well! xxx ;)

Taylor said...

jealous of the JB dance party!!! glad to hear everything is going good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...