Friday, August 19, 2011

Breaking News


Exciting news! The Minister of Gender was here today!!
She is the very important visitor we have been waiting on. 
(I'm not sure why I've been so cryptic.)
As I told you, her staff visited two days ago, so it was a complete surprise (to me) when she showed up today. 

Anyway, a little background, there has been a lot of information (and misinformation, I could go on, but I won't) going around about the future of Noel and the children here. And until today the Minister, who is new to the office, had never even been to the orphanage. 

So today was a HUGE blessing for many reasons.

One, the Minister was able to see Noel for herself. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Two, she and several other staff members were able to meet directly with the (older) children, who had recently gotten wind of possible plans to close Noel and, of course, were terrified of what that could mean for them. I pray that today calmed some of their fears and reassured them that the government hopefully is looking out for their best interests.

Three, the children were able to speak for themselves, directly to the government officials who basically hold their precious lives in their hands. All I could think as I watched them stand up one by one to voice their fears and concerns is, "Dear God, come NOW to your orphans. Fill this room with Your presence and fill their mouths with Your words."

I believe He did.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


God is most definitely moving for His children.
And we are coveting your prayers.

Tara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...