Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday


I feel like there is so much I need to be saying right now, but I just can't find the words.

Today I am thankful for music.

The first time I heard this song and saw this video was last fall, as I prepared for my upcoming trip to visit orphans in Ethiopia and Rwanda. I watched the video 18,000 times and cried every time. I just wanted to help. Little did I know, within a few months, those words would be the cry of my heart, "I saw what I saw and I can't go back."


I've probably watched this video another 27,000 times since I've been home. I still cry every time, yet now it is not just because I want to help, but because I owe those sweet orphans in Rwanda my life. Thankful is not a strong enough word.

"So, this is what it feels like to live life."


I read this quote today:
"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I woke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service is joy."

5 dang days!!

Tara

1 comment:

Tiffanie Marie said...

One of my favorites so far. :) I'm thinking this Thankful Thursday series is a great idea! Can't believe how close the big day is for you!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...