Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday


It's happening! Three Thankful Thursdays from now I will be blogging from Rwanda. Holy. Moly.

Some days, I think it's sinking in; I think, man, I gotta get busy, it's coming quick. Some days, it doesn't feel real. It's hard for me to even believe.

I've been thinking alot lately about things I'm going to miss while I'm away. Things I take for granted here. I know that there is so much.

Here are a few:

1. I'm thankful for hot showers. Oh dear.


2. I love my bed. Thankful.

3. I can't even believe I'm about to type this, I am thankful for Walmart. Generally, I loathe Walmart and, if I'm being honest, many of my fellow shoppers. (I'm sorry.) However, they have every dang thing under the sun. If you need it, you can probably find it at Walmart. I think I'll miss that.


4. Thankful for a washer and dryer. You might be thankful you won't be near me. I don't think hand-washing is one of my strong suits. 

5. Bookstores. Libraries. Books.


6. I'm thankful for my car. Thankful for the freedom. Though it's not fancy, it gets me where I want to go, when I want to go. The open sunroof, wind in my hair, and ipod blaring are just bonuses. Driving may be one of the things I miss the most.

7. I'm thankful that the moment I see this sweet face, it will all be forgotten. :)


Get me on a plane!

19 days.

Tara

3 comments:

Tiffanie Marie said...

Sigh...

I love this. Love you. Proud of you. Inspired by you. Ya know, the works. :)

Let me know if you need help with anything!

You Can't Spell Practical Without Traci said...

Great blog! I LOVE your list of 100 things by age 100, I hope you accomplish them ALL!

tara said...

Thanks y'all! Tiff, you know the feeling is 100% mutual! Traci, I can't wait to read your list! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...