Friday, June 17, 2011

Exclamation Marks

So, I have this hang-up with excessive exclamation marks; really all exclamation marks. Unless they are necessary. And today, they are necessary!!!

This morning I slept in. I was wandering around the house, minding my own business, when someone knocked on the door. No one knocks on the door. Ever. So, I did what every normal person would do in this situation. I hit the deck and crawled across the room to the window so I could see who it was.

Oh.

You answer the door? Weird.

Anyway, when I got to the window, no one was there. But someone had left a package on the bench. ( !!!!! ) I love surprises.

I tore into the mailer paper to get to the goods. A simply perfect little paper bundle, tied with leather and a note tied in the center. In hindsight, I should have taken a picture, but I was too anxious to get inside.

I didn't know that inside would be the most amazing, thoughtful, beautiful, meaningful gift anyone has ever given me in the history of ever!!!


Ta-daaaaaa!!!! It's a cross-body satchel! Can I just say that, just the other day, I was saying I would like to get something with Africa on it and a heart where Rwanda is?? You see so many different things like that, but I have never seen or could have dreamed something so absolutely, fantastically perfect!!


And it's hand-made!!!! Carol McCoy is a very good friend of a very good friend of mine. She is the owner and designer of Real. Leather Stuff and is immensely talented (as you can see!).

Carol and I share the same passion for "the least of these". She recently traveled to Uganda and taught many of the children there leather working as a trade. And is leading another team back there in November. SO awesome!


I mean, is this not the greatest thing you have ever seen?!

"I heard the voice of the Lord say, "Whom shall I send who will go for Me?" Then I said, "Here I am Lord, send me." Isaiah 6:8

Carol, you have no idea what this (and your sweet words) means to me! Thank you so, so...SO much!!! I absolutely love it!!!!

Here are a few more of Carol's creations leave you drooling:

Passport covers


Mzungu = white person


Cuffs



You can email Carol directly at realleatherstuff@gmail.com

Dancing on the clouds today.

Tara

P.S. There should be a punctuation mark between a period and exclamation point. Right?

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

As you know, I'm guilty of the excessive exclamation point, probably more than anyone else you know. And, oh my goodness, does this deserve an excessive amount or WHAT?!!!! Beautiful. Amazing. PERFECT for you.

tara said...

I'm still dying over it! Everywhere I go I nonchalantly bring in up to eye level, so people can't help but notice. And thennnnn, when they compliment it, I launch into my 'leave out no detail' speech about it. I can't wait for you to see it in person...IN RWANDA! ( !!!! ) ;)

Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

Just found your blog from Chelsea's. Although we don't know each other, the same call is on my heart as well and I am sorting through what in the world God wants me to do in Africa - especially since I also have a husband and three little tots! Anyhow, I can't wait to read about your move and here about you life as you actually become the "hands and feet" of Christ for these little special people.
Brittyne Fitzgerald
from St. Louis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...