Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday...ish


Maybe I need to come up with a new title for my Thankful posts, since apparently I can't seem to make it happen on Thursdays. Or maybe I just need to make it happen.

To be continued.

This is a post that I have been putting off for awhile. Mostly because I don't know how to fully convey how truly thankful (and humbled) I am. For you.

For your giving hearts and your willingness to help. You are changing the lives of hundreds of children! I am so thankful for that and thankful that you would trust me with your gifts.


This is just a portion of the supplies that have been donated to the children of Noel. You have given over 700 toothbrushes! Going from 3 toothbrushes per 50 children to one for each child is life changing!

You have given toothpaste, soap, lotion, hair bows, nail polish. Chalk, bubbles, books, flashcards, jump ropes, crayons, coloring books and clothes. And many of you have donated your money, which will go to supplies and groceries once I get there.

Thanks to Chelsea for the following stats:

Did you know you can feed a child at Noel Orphanage for $1 a day? For $30, a child eats a healthy diet every day for a month. That is LIFE giving.


Did you know that a mosquito net for a family costs $8? For $40, you can bless five families with LIFE.


Did you know that a can of formula for infants in orphanages in Rwanda costs $6? For $60, you have given LIFE to tiny babies who desperately need the nutrition found in a bottle of formula.


THANK YOU!!

If you would like to donate, you can go here. Select the Rwanda Summer 2011 fund and make sure to put my name (Tara Clapper, nice to meet you). Or if you would like to donate supplies, shoot me an email (tarajill5@yahoo.com).

This morning in church Paster Craig said, "As I look back, I am thankful. As I look forward I am expectant. The best is yet to come." I couldn't have said it better myself.

I know this wouldn't be possible without you, your faithful giving and your prayers, and I am so thankful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...