Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday



I'm finally back on track with Thankful Thursdays! Holla!

And this, Easter, week I am thankful, thankful, thankful for the Cross. Because of His beautiful sacrifice,  I am forgiven. I am redeemed. I am free. I am blessed.
I have love. I have joy. I have peace. I have eternal life.
Today and everyday, I am thankful.


Here we go:


1. I am thankful that "...God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


2. I am thankful that "...While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

3. I am thankful that "...all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24

4. I am thankful that "...In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade." 1 Peter 1:3-4

5. I am thankful that "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Amazing Love by Chris Tomlin comes to mind. I love this song!

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.

Amazing love,
How can it be
That You, my King, should die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it’s true.
It’s my joy to honor You,
In all I do, I honor You.


This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:10

Have a great Thursday!

....Oh, while you're still here. Two quick things:

1. I am also thankful for Cadbury eggs.
2. And thankful that in 4 short days I will be drinking a Dr Pepper at Sonic while on Facebook moblie.

1 comment:

Tiffanie Marie said...

I would have DIED without DP for so long...It's ok, I know I have an addiction. :)

This was a great post! This week is a solid reminder of why we're here and of powerful the love of God is. It is too good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...