Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursday is here! Hooray! Happy Lent, everyone! I don't know if that's what you're supposed to say, I don't even really know what lent is, (I apologize if that is offensive), but I am participating. To me, lent is me sacrificing something (or a few somethings) for The One who sacrificed it all for me. So, goodbye Facebook Mobile. I'll miss you, eating after 7. And see you in 40 days, soda!

Here are a few things I am thankful for this week:

1. I am thankful for the Madre. For 1000s of reasons. But today, I'll say I'm thankful that she is letting me (and all my junk) live in her house until I leave. She cooks dinner AND she does the dishes. And she only reminds me every few days that I should help out. I love you, mom.

She'll be so excited about this.

2. I am thankful for the Ellen Show. Is that weird? It's fine. She is positive and hilarious and kind...and hilarious. It's a good show. I can be thankful for it.



3. I am thankful for worship music. I am not always on top of my daily quiet time, but I love me some singing in the car. I tear up every week at church during worship and the same dang thing happens in the car. I just assume that is God's presence and carry on. I love Jimmy Needham. Alot. I love his song "The Gospel" and I love this verse, "The Gospel, the Gospel. She's good and she's true. She cost quite a fortune to make all things new. So breathe in with faith and out with His peace. May the Gospel of Jesus wash over me." C'mon!



4. I am so thankful for some very sweet donations I got for the children at Noel this week!! Over 600 toothbrushes, nearly 200 tubes of toothpaste and 25 bars (bottles, whatever) of deodorant! Holy moly! I'm so super excited about this! There will be a post dedicated to it sometime soon...

Gonna be some good lookin' teeth!
billypopephotography.com

Hurry up, weekend! :)

Tara

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love you and your thankful Thursday lists. And, I owe you a phone call.
So excited about the Noel donations!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...