Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Dallas Edition


This week I went on a little mid-week road trip to Texas. We had a little bit of work to do for a couple of my very favorite clients and then I got to meet another sweet, sweet friend for lunch today before heading back home. I love road trips; I love driving, I love (loud) music, I love the windows down, I love gummy bears.... Oops. 

Anyway, here are a few things I am thankful for today:

I am thankful for sunshine. My goodness, I love the sun. I drive with the sunroof open year round; just the warmth of the sun on my face and the fresh air...mmmm. Nothing better.

I am thankful that no one was subjected to the concert being performed in my car. I am living proof that, when it comes to singing, practice does not make perfect. Go on with yourself, Adele. A joyful noise, I am not.

I am thankful for a job that I love and the people I am blessed to do it with.

I am thankful for encouraging friends. Friends who love you for who you are, but inspire you to be more, do more, love more, think more, dream more. 

I am thankful for my lunch date, Chelsea, and her precious family (you can and should read about them here). Mark and Chelsea are raising their girls not just to survive the world, but to change it. And they already are. Chles, you ARE my hero. :)

Lastly, I am thankful for Dairy Queen. I'm pretty positive Jesus had a hand in the Mint Oreo Blizzard.


Tara

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Girl, you are MY hero. Love you. And, I love our lunches...dreaming of the hills of Rwanda, and the children of Noel. :)

Praying for you daily!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...