Monday, March 21, 2011

"Move From Here To There"



"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20

The mountain is poverty. The mountain is hunger. The mountain is injustice.

Will you help me move mountains??

*Pretend this came in the mail. For some of you, it will.*


"The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet." –Frederick Buechner


Hello Everyone!

I don’t know how to start this any other way, but to say…. I’M MOVING TO RWANDA!!  I am completely excited, diving in headfirst and trusting God to work out the details.



As many of you know, I was so blessed to spend the first part of the New Year traveling to Ethiopia and Rwanda, visiting orphans. I thought the trip was life changing; God knew I had no idea.  It was on the flight home that He informed me, via iPod, that I was to “Give It All Away” and follow Him.  I didn’t even know what that looked like, but in an act of complete faith and surrender, a week after I got home, I donated my bed; just so He would know I was all in. The doors have been opening up and I have been stumbling through them ever since.

This summer, at the end of June, I will be moving into The Noel Orphanage in northern Rwanda, near the town of Gisenyi. I plan to stay 12-18 months. Noel, home to nearly 600 children ranging in age from a few days to 25 years old, is the oldest and largest orphanage in Rwanda.  On our trip, we spent two short days at Noel and it was just long enough for me to leave my heart.  The conditions at Noel, though they have come a very long way in the last few years, are unimaginable – piles of children sleeping on filthy wet mattresses, on cold hard floors under moldy ceilings, but that’s just what the world sees.  God sees His children.  He sees the hopes and the dreams, the smiles and the love.  He sees the potential, the resilience, and the courage.  “Joy is not necessarily the absence of suffering; it is the presence of God.” (Sam Storms)  God has His hands all over Noel and He doesn’t need me, however, I am so humbled that He is allowing me to be a part of it.


You can be a part, too. I am writing to ask you to partner with me on this trip through your prayers and encouragement, as well as financially, if you are able.  My one-time expenses to travel to Rwanda will be roughly $3,000 (this includes travel, lodging and meals, which I would like to have raised by April 18th) and my monthly expenses will be around $400. I am contributing everything I can and I have chosen to live at the orphanage to save costs and so most of the funds raised will go directly back into the orphanage. I know that God will provide more for these children than I could ever ask for.



His Chase, a Christian non-profit ministry, has graciously offered to assist in facilitating my fundraising, which will make all of your donations fully tax-deducible. His Chase strives to join the Lord in His chase for orphans across the world.  They have worked in both Ghana and Rwanda, and continue to seek more opportunities to minister to His children in need.  You can learn more about them at: www.hischase.org, or on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/hischase.




Thank you so much for considering being a part of my support team. If you have any questions or need to contact me, please email me: tarajill5@yahoo.com or call me: (405) 642-4902.  If you’re able to help support me, you are welcome to donate online (one-time or recurring) at www.hischase.org.  Please select the “Rwanda Summer 2011” fund, and then put my name in the “in honor of” blank when you enter your personal information.

I look forward to sharing with you pictures, stories, and numerous projects and ways to stay involved on my blog.

More Thankful Than You Know,

Tara Clapper

*Now pretend you are back reading my blog*

I am so beyond thankful for each one of you. Thankful that you are reading, thankful for your encouragement, thankful for your prayers (believe me, I feel them), and thankful for the support I have already received. This opportunity is so much bigger than me. Thank you!!

I know, know, know that God is working on some HUGE plans for the children at Noel. "More than all we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20).

Let's go move mountains!

Tara

5 comments:

Jason said...

Wow...what a great example of surrendering your life to the call of Christ. Our family will be keeping you in prayer during your transition.

agodthatmovesmountains.com said...

So excited for you Tara and cannot wait to follow you along this journey! Praying for you girl!

tara said...

Thank you both, so much!!

carol said...

you do not know me, but i am honored to support you, thank you for your obedience:)
love, carol mccoy

tara said...

Carol, I hope this isn't creepy, but I probably know more about you than you think. Jarred has told me alot about you. I know you are a great friend and mom and I know you are an incredibly talented artist. I know you are a leader and I know you have a huge heart and passion for orphans, as well. :) Thank you so much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...