Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's Getting Real


My, oh, my. It's the first big step in the right direction. I think it's starting to sink in that I'm actually leaving. Soon.

The house is empty and my heart is full.

I have been pouring through anything and everything I can about faith and trust and about daring to believe God for the impossible. Not by me, but through me. And I've gotta tell you, you're not going to believe this, but I'm a world-changer.

It's true. I am.

And so are you.

I am disappointed in the fact that it took me so long to figure it out, but absolutely bursting at the seams to watch what happens. As it turns out, two of the most overwhelmingly apparent qualities in me, that seem to define most of my life, are about to work together for the glory God. Naivete and optimism. On this specific journey, I'm naive enough to give it try and optimistic enough to think I can make a difference. Steven Furtick calls it "Sanctified Naivete" and says that "when the scope of your vision seems alot bigger than your base of knowledge or the breadth of your experience, you're in good company." A few young, immature biblical heros include Jeremiah, Timothy and my personal fav Paul.

Speaking of Steven Furtick, Sun Stand Still is fan-tas-tic! Mylanta.



You should read it. Now.

"This book is not a Snuggie. The words on these pages will not go down like Ambien. I'm not writing to calm or coddle you. With God's help, I intend to incite a riot in your mind. Trip your breakers and turn out the lights in your favorite hiding places on insecurity and fear. Then flip the switch back on so that God's truth can illuminate the divine destiny that may have been lying dormant inside your for years. 


In short, I'm out to activate your audacious faith. To inspire you to ask God for the impossible. And in the process, to reconnect you with your God-sized purpose and potential." -Steven Furtick


So, what is my big revelation? My Sun Stand Still Prayer?

Well, I'm still praying about it.

If I can "make the sun stand still" I want to make sure I get every bit of it. Every last drop. I want my "sun" to be blazing and to "stand still" as long as possible. I have so many hopes and dreams, prayers, for the precious hearts that we met and all the ones we didn't. I am talking to God about alllll of them and making sure he knows, (in the most respectful way, of course :) that when he works a miracle in me, it's going to be HUGE! And impossible. For me.

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us. . . Ephesians 3:20

Whether it's your family, your church, your job or the world; the world is waiting for a change. What is your "sun stand still" prayer?


Tara

6 comments:

Steffanie Riley said...

I love Sun Stand Still! I'm reading it too!!!! :)

tara said...

I want to read it again and again and again!! I heard he is about to do a series at church, right??

Rebecca J Brown said...

Tara, your words are everything I ve been feeling. This was very up lifing for me and the journey God has set for me. I am praying for you and that Gods light just explodes out of you. You will change hearts!

tara said...

Rebecca, I am so excited for you and I can't wait to see all that I know God is going to do through you in Ethiopia!! I am praying for you! I seriously think we NEED to meet up this summer! :)

Holly said...

there is no doubt in my mind that you truly are a World Changer! you are such an inspiration and I'm so excited for your journey. many prayers coming your way!

tara said...

Thank you so much, Holly!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...