Sunday, March 20, 2011

Humor Me

Well, there seems to be a theme developing here. Sorry..

Kinda.


So, I told y'all I was reading "Sun Stand Still" (do it) and it was pretty life-changing, eye-opening, awe-inspiring... all those good things. And I've tried to keep my soapbox-y posts to a minimum...

But...

Pastor Furtick says things like, "Extraordinary moves of God begin with ordinary acts of obedience." and "Stop waiting around for the big bang. Pay attention to the subtle clues and the still, small voice. God lives in that place, too." Can I get an "amen"?!

And then, this weekend at church we started a new 2-week series over, guess what??

Ta Daaaaaa
If you haven't already seen the message, you should probably go check it out here.

You know why I love this book? Well, alot of reasons. But I really love this book because I learned that God uses dodos. And if God is using dodos, then sign me up!

"You might be thinking you're unimpressive and unqualified. That's good. God performs the most impressive feats through the most unimpressive people. God likes to wet the wood before he sets it on fire. That way, everybody knows who made it burn (1 Kings 18:33-38)."

So, I jotted down a few notes at church:
  • Pray boldly according to God's promises.
  • "If the size of your vision isn't intimidating to you, there is a good chance it's insulting to God." 
And I finally figured out and committed to my (way intimidating) "sun stand still" prayer. Maybe I'll tell you about it later... 
  • Surely the Lord is fighting for Noel. (re: Joshua 10:14)

While I have you here, just a few more quick things.

I finished up this book this morning (do it):


And I wanted to share with you a few quotes that are weighing heavily on my heart.

"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it." 
"Well, why don't you ask Him?"
Because I'm afraid He would ask me the same question."

And if that slaps you in the face (like it did me) and overwhelms you...

Bob Pierce (the founder of World Vision) once said, "Don't fail to do something just because you can't do everything."

"God never asks us to give what we do not have. . . But he cannot use what we will not give."

Oh, what I wouldn't give...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...