Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yes.


First of all, I want to say THANK YOU all, so much for taking the time to read and for all your kinds words!! I am so blown away, humbled, embarrassed, unworthy...thankful. For each of you.

When I first decided to move, I thought a blog would be a good way to let everyone know what was going on and keep everyone informed on ways to get involved. I am NOT a writer. If you know me at all, you know that no paper, letter, email or even text is sent without input. It's just not my thing. So, I wanted to practice a bit, secretly, before people actually started reading. But....

It felt good to get everything out, and as I've said in previous posts, I was kind of avoiding getting back to life (and still kind of am), so I wanted my friends to be able to read what I was feeling. So, excuse me while I practice.  :)

I promise to talk about things other than Africa.

Sometimes.

But not today.

Lately, so many people have said to me, "Oh, I wish I could go to Africa" or "I have always dreamed of doing something like that".... I feel like part of my journey is to show people what God can do with the smallest 'yes'. That is what I am and that's where it starts. This move is a gazillion million times bigger than me, but every time I held a dirty little hand or kissed a snotty face or looked into the the big dark eyes of one of His babies my small 'yes' got a little louder.

billypopephotograpy.com
Sweet, funny, beyond talented, servant.

I was born with this passion. When God made me he wrote Africa on my heart. I, for the most part, denied that passion, until now, but He still pursued me. I am an emotional, loud, silly, shy, selfish, scatter brained...mess. Laying it all at His feet and begging Him to use it for His glory. If God wants you in Africa, He will get you to Africa.

 Just say yes.

This is Tara-Fay (phonetically). That's probably not a coincidence. :)
billypopephotography.com

My journey to Africa started with a trip, two summers ago, to South Africa. I was at Switch (the youth ministry at my church) and walked up on my friend Dedra and her friend Austin (who, today, is one of my greatest friends and inspirations. a side effect of missions). They were looking at flights for an upcoming mission trip and I said I wanted to go.

*shrugs* That was it. I went.

It was the farthest, longest, most expensive trip I had ever taken and I had no idea what I was in for. He orchestrated the whole thing and birthed a dream in me that I didn't even realize until it hit me like a ton of bricks, 2 and a half years later.


My place in the world feels small. I'm just a regular girl, with a passion. But the fact of the matter is, Jesus didn't come and die so I could be 'just a', if you are a Christian there is nothing regular about you. This weekend at church, it felt like just me and Pastor Craig sitting in a room. He spoke directly to my heart; words that are hard to believe. "You are an ambassador of Christ sent by God from Heaven to Earth."

I may seem to be boasting too much about the authority given to us by the Lord. But our authority builds you up; it doesn't tear you down. So, I will not be ashamed of using my authority. 2 Corinthians 10:8

Coming home from this trip, I had two options:

Option 1 was to move.

Option 2 probably would have landed me in African jail.

Precious Baby Bean.


When you give God all you have, that's all he needs.

2 comments:

Steffanie Riley said...

You are an inspiration Tara! I can't wait to hear more about how the move unfolds! :)

tara said...

Thank you so much!! I wish it would unfold faster! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...