Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"The Will of God- Nothing Less, Nothing More, Nothing Else"


Well, I guess the beans have been spilled... I'M MOVING TO RWANDA!! I am over the top excited to be returning to the place that challenged everything I thought I knew; a dream realized and a prayer answered. I knew, for sure, on the plane ride home that I would be finding a new 'home'...for a while. How could I go back to life as I know it? Life as I love it? I found myself, again, asking that reoccurring question, "Why?" Why me? A million why?s... As I try to get this all worked out for myself, I thought you, also, might like to know...Why?!

Personally, going to Rwanda is an easy decision for me, because I have never felt closer to God's heart than I feel when I am there. I am the very best me I have ever been when I am in Rwanda, and that feels amazing. In a selfish way. Yes, it feels selfish. If I could leave behind half of what I take from these beautiful children, the least of these, I would consider my life a success. I am filled with joy by the love in their eyes, inspired by their hope and challenged by their courage. I am a better person today from having spent a few shorts days in the presence of angels and I will spend my whole life trying to pay that back. But it's not about me. Pure and simple, I have been called.

There are all kinds of arguments given for why a Christ follower should be involved in missions and many discussions about whether or not a person is 'called'. When I got home, I knew that it was going to be hard to explain to friends and family why I was going to be moving. I was on a major high and I had just seen God's love, up-close and personal; even though we all see it here, everyday, it seems it's somehow easier to forget in the hustle and bustle of life as we know it. Even as I type this, I struggle with the precious memories I swore would never leave the forefront of my mind. I cling to the pictures and songs that, immediately, transport me back. As life oozes back in, and life gets back to 'normal', I make a conscious effort, everyday, to remind myself of God's word. My why.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Matthew 28:19

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.  James 1:27

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:10

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!" Romans 10:14-15

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.  Mark 10:45

And on constant repeat:

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.  Romans 12:2

New why?s pop up everyday, and maybe they always will, but it all boils down to one word: obedience.

And just in case we need a few more reasons:






Tara

11 comments:

Tiffanie Marie said...

IN LOVE WITH THIS POST....seriously.


I'm so excited/happy/abitjealous/elated/million other things for you!!!!!

tara said...

Thank you so much, Tiffanie!! Your encouraging words mean so much! I've been collecting some more goodies for you and Austin. :)

NYCJILL@gmail.com said...

Girl! This is simply amazing. I'm so excited for you, and love how the Lord has set you ablaze for him and his people. The Lord will bless you with more of him as you continue to listen to his call, and step out in obedience and faith.
I'm praying for you. Please keep me updated, and let me know how I can support you spiritually or financially.
i love you and your beautiful heart!

Jeremiah Braudrick said...

That is really cool. I'm proud of you. Missions has always been something near and dear to my heart, and I always admire those who are able to drop everything they have going and serve less fortunate people, mainly because I've always wanted to be one of those people, but life has dealt me a different hand. You are going to be experiencing that abundant life Jesus spoke of... If you ever find yourself in Kigali, there's a boy there that I support as well as his family. We've been corresponding for over a year now. Anyways, congrats!

Chelsea said...

I love you so much, friend. I loved reading your heart on this page...and I love knowing that God is so lovingly leading you right where He always planned for you to be. HOW AMAZING!!! Hoping and praying I'm there with you too. :)

Amanda said...

Tara! This is awesome! Can't wait to hear more details about what you will be doing. You are such a testimony to why we do what we do at Visiting Orphans!

Tony said...

Wow Clapper!!! You are such a BEAUTIFUL person inside and out!!! You make my heart smile! I am blessed to have you as a friend! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! When do you leave?
Love Desiree

Servant to All said...

Hey Tara,
I have met you once or twice at switch:)
Stumbled upon your blog and was so excited to see what your mission was like! My friend and I are currently saving money to go to Africa next summer and I was just wondering who you went there through?

tara said...

Hey Servant! I'm sorry, I can't see your picture very well to tell who you are. :) I am so excited for you to be able to serve in Africa next summer!! It will most definitely change you! I went through an organization called Visiting Orphans, visitingorphans.org. I highly recommend them! Find me on Wednesday and we can chat!

Cassie said...

Tara I stumbled on your blog through Lindsey lepley's Facebook page. I'm a blogaholic so I took a peek. I just read through all your posts and you brought me to tears! You have a gift and such love for god. I LOVE your passion for missions and these kiddos. I have always dreamed of participating in missions to orphanages and somehow life always gets in the way. It will always be a dream of mine and hopefully one day I will make it happen. In the meantime I will read about it through your blog. Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear all about it!

tara said...

Hi Cassie! Thank you so much for your kind words!! I am also hoping you make your dream happen one day! :) There is nothing like it! Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...