Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Is In The Air



In honor of Valentine's weekend, a list, a few things I love:

1. I love Grandy's. The chicken nugget kids meal rocks my face off.

2. I love interior design. I love symmetry, the unexpected, wallpaper, and the color green.


3. I love reading. I just finished and loved A Thousand Hills--Rwanda's Rebirth and the Man Who Dreamed It by Stephen Kinzer and I am currently re-reading Radical by David Platt.

4. I love inspirational quotes. I write them on notecards and have them hung all over my house.


"For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness. 
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. 
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. 
For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day. 
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. 
People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. 
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others." 


5. I love this guy.



6. I love purchases with a purpose. I will buy almost anything that gives back. A few of my latest buys:

ordinaryhero.blogspot.com
For every FEED Love Bag purchased, 25 school meals will be donated to the UN World Food Program’s School Feeding initiative, specifically developed to provide school meals to children in countries with high rates of HIV/AIDS.


Toms, of course, and these clips, made by refugee women with the Spero Project (thesperoproject.com).  You can buy them at Blue7. I wear them in my hair, too.

7. I love cupcakes. Sprinkles are my favorite, but Gigi's is a really close second.

8. I love music. All kinds. I still have my second generation iPod, circa 2003; I am terrified that if I got a new one, somehow, I could lose my songs. Irrational, I know, anyway, I love the dial.
I think it weighs 18 lbs.


9. I love Sundays. Every little thing about them: sleeping in, going to church, running errands, taking a nap, Sunday night tv... love it all.

And if you were wondering if I was going to make it through a post without talking about Rwanda, I'm not. :)

10. I love Rwanda! And I can't wait to be there again.


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Girl, I love YOU! And, I love Grandy's. Alot. Oh, and Rwanda. And, Africa shirts. And, reading. GREAT list.

Happy Valentine's, my friend. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...